[BioC] Cannot load preprocessCore.so

Peter Robinson peter.robinson at t-online.de
Wed Jul 2 08:39:42 CEST 2008

Hi conductors,

I am trying to install Bioconductor on a new computer (debian linux) and
just went through

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite()

However, six packages had a nonzero exit status, and if I then enter
"library(affy)", the system complains it cannot find preprocessCore.so
(see below).
Any ideas what is going wrong? I could not find anything with google.
thanks-peter

The downloaded packages are in
       /tmp/RtmpZuhaJ3/downloaded_packages
Warning messages:
1: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
 installation of package 'affy' had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
 installation of package 'annaffy' had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
 installation of package 'matchprobes' had non-zero exit status
4: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
 installation of package 'vsn' had non-zero exit status
5: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
 installation of package 'gcrma' had non-zero exit status
6: In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
 installation of package 'affyPLM' had non-zero exit status
 > library(affy)
Lade nötiges Paket: Biobase
Lade nötiges Paket: tools

Welcome to Bioconductor

 Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
 'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
 'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.

Lade nötiges Paket: affyio
Lade nötiges Paket: preprocessCore
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
 kann shared library
'/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/preprocessCore/libs/preprocessCore.so'
nicht laden:
libRlapack.so: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Fehler: Paket 'preprocessCore' konnte nicht geladen werden

(translation: Could not load shared library preprocessCore)

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
i486-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
LC_CTYPE=de_DE at euro;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=de_DE at euro;LC_COLLATE=de_DE at euro;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=de_DE at euro;LC_PAPER=de_DE at euro;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE at euro;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:
[1] tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] affyio_1.6.1  Biobase_2.0.1