[BioC] Cannot load preprocessCore.so

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed Jul 2 15:18:48 CEST 2008

Hi Peter

Peter Robinson <peter.robinson at t-online.de> writes:

> Hi conductors,
>
> I am trying to install Bioconductor on a new computer (debian linux)
> and just went through
>
> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite()
>
> However, six packages had a nonzero exit status, and if I then enter
> "library(affy)", the system complains it cannot find preprocessCore.so
> (see below).
> Any ideas what is going wrong?

Probably there were error messages with biocLite that generated the
warnings, probably when the library preprocessCore was being
installed. Try

> biocLite('preprocessCore')

by itself.

> I could not find anything with google.

looked for preprocessCore.so, leading me to this helpful post from
Sean Davis

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/17370

suggesting that your debian needs gfortran, which I think is obtained
with sudo apt-get install gfortran. If this does not help, it would be
helpful to see the output of biocLite('preprocessCore')

Martin