[BioC] Rgraphviz on CRAN ??

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 3 16:01:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

   It is there for me, perhaps the mirror you are using is not up to date?
http://cran.fhcrc.org/web/packages/Rgraphviz/index.html

I have cc'd Kurt, as I believe he has a mechanism to pull it across.
Uwe seems not to be building windows binaries, and the path is somewhat
tortuous, but perhaps Kurt can be convinced to take ours.

And even so, there is no real difference between the CRAN and the
Bioconductor repositories, so I don't know why you would want not to
rely on it (unless you really don't want to use it - then you should not
use it), or even why you want it dual hosted.

Robert

Søren Højsgaard wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> About 3-4 months ago, Rgraphviz appeared on CRAN but it is not there any longer. Does anyone know if it will appear on CRAN again within a forseable future (or is it safer to modify packages so that they do not require Rgraphviz)?
>
> Regards
> Søren

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology