[BioC] How to map a Sentrix BeadChip ID to BioC annotation package?

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jul 10 17:36:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Christian Kohler
<Christian.Kohler at klinik.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> is there a way to map a given Sentrix BeadChip ID to its corresponding
> Bioconductor annotation package?
>
> For example, all samples originating from a human Sentrix-6 V2 BeadChip
> have the SentrixMatrixID '1888849019'.
> As our group runs a microarray analysis pipeline, it would be convenient
> to automatically use the adequate Bioconductor annotation package (e.g.
> illuminaHumanv1.db), given the SentrixMatrixID.

Hi, Christian.

The short answer is, "No".  In fact, there is no way to map the
Sentrix ID to array type directly without going through beadstudio, as
far as I know.  Last I checked, Illumina were not going to make the
details of their files available to be able to do so.  If anyone knows
otherwise, I would love to hear.

Sean