[BioC] inquiry for CDF file

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Jul 14 21:18:43 CEST 2008

Hi,

you can also take a look at the aroma.affymetrix.  It handles common
preprocessing methods for basically all chip types with a CDF file.
All you need is a CDF file and the CEL files.  Here I mean a *real*
CDF file and not a compiled Bioconductor "CDF" package.  To install
aroma.affymetrix, go to

  http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix

Works with any OS and approx 1GB of RAM.   Note also the comment on
http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/mogene-1-0-st-v1
that suggest that you convert the ASCII MoGene-1_0-st-v1.CDF from
Affymetrix into a binary CDF - that's easy with convertCdf() in
'affxparser'.

Cheers

Henrik