[BioC] How to objectively evaluate chip quality?

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jul 15 19:50:14 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:35 PM, simona dalle carbonare
<simona.dallecarbonare at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question about quality assessment of microarray chips. Can somebody
> suggest me a quantitative metric to evaluate the chips and in particular the
> plot about the quality of the chip (for example boxplot of intensity)?

Hello, Simona.

You could begin by looking at the packages on the QualityControl list here:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/QualityControl.html

If you have more specific questions, feel free to write back with more
details.  There is not a one-size-fits-all quality metric for arrays,
though.

Sean