[BioC] getBM local

steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Jul 25 17:55:45 CEST 2008

Hi Amanda,

Unless your local source is not a BioMart database, you won't be able to
use getBM to query it.  If your local source is a copy of the BioMart
version of Ensembl, using the biomaRt package will work.  It should also
work if you have created your own BioMart database according to
http://www.biomart.org
However any other type of database schema won't work and to query that
you'll need to do as Mark suggested, use RMySQL or any of the other R
packages that enables you to do SQL queries to database systems.

Cheers,
Steffen