[BioC] Using limma with Agilent array data

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jun 3 13:46:33 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Anh Tran <popophobia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'm still not quite understand your reply.
>
> 1. Does it mean that this feature is not implemented into limma package yet?
>
> 2. I want to import the output after extract the intensity (using external
> program) and only use limma for normalization, not the image file to scan
> from scratch. Is there a way to manage that?

Hi, Anh.  Again, you'll want to read the help for read.maimages.  You
can do this by loading the limma package and then typing:

help(read.maimages)

In particular, look at the "source" argument.  And, yes, this function
reads the .txt file after feature extraction.  If you need a list of
all the functions for which there is help in limma, you can type:

help(package=limma)

Again, if you have further questions, please include the code you
tried, any errors, and for ANY questions to the list, the output from
the sessionInfo() function.

Hope that clarifies.

Sean