[BioC] limma and marray data import problem

Piotr Stępniak piotrek.stepniak at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 11:54:49 CEST 2008

Hello Everyone,

If anyone was following this thread we have found what is wrong with
the gpr files produced by our ScanArrayExpress software that makes
them impossible to read by limma or marray:

It turned out each data row has additional tabulation before the new
line sign but after the last value in the row. This somehow makes for
example read.GenePix() fail with error duplicate row.names not allowed
even though row.names is set to NULL.

My question is if automatic batch removal of aforementioned
tabulations is considered a data manipulation? After all we are just
fixing what the software did wrong on the output, no values are
changed.

Kind Regards,
Piotr Stępniak