[BioC] Is there an NCBI GEO GPL platform to bioclite package equivalence table available?

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Mar 4 15:25:57 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Lynn Miller <miller at accelrys.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I know NCBI provides annotation for the GEO platforms associated with the
>  sets they host, but for platforms where bioconductor packages are
>  available, I would prefer to use those.  I am looking for a table like:

>  GPL96   hgu133a
>  GPL97   hgu133b
>
>  Where one column is the NCBI GEO platform identifier and another column is
>  the package name (where available)  you would use with bioclite to
>  retrieve annotation information.
>
>  Before I set out to create such a table of equivalences for my project, I
>  thought I'd ask if anyone else had ever bothered to do so and might be
>  willing to share.

We have been working on extending the ability to query GEO for
metadata.  Jack Zhu from our group has put together this affy-centric
list which we will be incorporating into the GEO metadata tools, but
those are still not quite ready for prime time.  If others have
platform mappings that they are willing to share, that would be great,
as we are trying to compile the same list that Lynn was asking about.

ath1121501 - GPL198
ag - GPL71
celegans - GPL200
drosophila2 - GPL1322