[BioC] detection calls without MM probes

Julien Roux Julien.Roux at unil.ch
Fri Mar 14 14:11:17 CET 2008

Hi list,

When using MAS5 detection calls in affymetrix chips, the assumption is
that the MM probes give a reasonable estimate of background. If we
normalize affy chips with RMA, MM probes are not used.
In similar way, I was wondering if another method was available to
estimate the presence/absence of genes without teh use of MM probes?

I think this would be feasible since RMA estimates the parameters of the
background distribution (bg.parameters), I just don't really know how to
handle this...
Thanks a lot for your help
Julien

--