[BioC] basic limma questions

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Mar 31 05:36:39 CEST 2008

Dear Endre,

I suspect the reason you didn't get a rsponse to your original posting is
that your questions are not very specific.

Assuming that you have three replicate arrays comparing a control to a
treatment, your analysis looks fine.

I can't give you any response to the problem reading ArrayVision format
because you haven't shown us the error you received or the structure of
your data files.  Therefore we can't see if your files really are in
ArrayVision format or diagnose what the read problem is.

I can't tell you if the column names are correct, because ArrayVision
columns are used-defined.  Your interpretation appears reasonable.

You ask if your design is correct, but you don't give any information
about your experiment, eg the targets information.  I have to assume that
you have three replicate arrays.

In my opinion, there is no good way to combine irregular numbers of
within-array gene replicates, especially if the probes are not indentical.

Hope this helps
Gordon