[BioC] basic limma questions

Endre Sebestyen endre.sebestyen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:32:32 CEST 2008

Thanks for your answer. A little more details :

I had a control and a treatment, with 3 technical replicates and no
dye-swaps. Cy3 was the treated, Cy5 the untreated.

The ArrayVision result file looks like this :

                                 Ctrl    Ctrl    Ctrl    Data    Data
  Data
Spot labels     VOL - MDC       Bkgd    sVOL    VOL - MDC       Bkgd
 sVOL    Ratio (sVOL):  Data / Ctrl      Diff (sVOL):  Data - Ctrl
MZ00023554 - TC248295 (1)       87573.5998      29969.817
57603.783       51217.7619      15349.622       35868.140       0.623
 -21735.643
MZ00023408 - TC248006 (1)       29389.2252      29831.153       0.000
 15896.2700      15349.622       546.648 1.0000e+100     546.648

I extracted the ID, Ctrl VOL, Ctrl Bkgd, Data VOL, Data Bkgd columns.
When I used the read.maimages function, Ctrl VOL became R, Data VOL
became G, Ctrl Bkgd became Rb, DataBkgd became Gb.

Endre

--
Agricultural Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Department of Applied Genomics
H-2462 Martonvásár, Brunszvik street 2.