[BioC] missing functions in affy package

Rachael Hageman Rachael.Hageman at jax.org
Mon Nov 3 21:16:55 CET 2008

To Whom it May Concern,

I use the function "normalize.quantiles" in the preprocessCore/affy package on a regular basis for my illumina data.  I have recently installed the latest version of R (2.8) and the affy package off of Bioconductor.  I noticed that this function no longer exists within the package.  I wonder if this is an oversight on my part, or if it isn't, is there is a reason it was pulled from the package?  I am on a Mac, although my Windows machine has the same problem with the new version.

Thanks in advance,
Rachael