[BioC] Colourful way of visualising differential analysis results

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 17:33:18 CET 2008

Dear all,

I am doing some work on a two-colour microarray (Agilent) experiment and
I have used limma to do some differential analysis.  The person I am
doing this work was keen to have a heatmap of the differentially
expressed genes expression levels.  Unfortunately, the design is rather
complex and random (closer to a loop design than a common reference) so
its not possible to produce a traditional heatmap.  I was wondering if
anyone had any suggestions of a colourful way to show that the
expression of the two groups are different?

In particular I was thinking that there must be estimates of the
expression and error in each group by the linear model, but couldn't
work out how to find these.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}