[BioC] Colourful way of visualising differential analysis results

Yannick Wurm yannick.wurm at unil.ch
Mon Nov 10 17:54:55 CET 2008

Hi Dan,

for this kind of thing, I'll fit another limma model just to obtain
estimates of what needs to be visualized...
In one case, I needed to separately visualize expression levels from
each biological replicate, but variability was such that I had
grouped them together in my model. To estimate expression levels for
each biological replicate, I recreated a targets file, separating
each biological replicate by name. Then calculated a fit, and asked
for contrasts between each sample and one RNA which I chose as
reference.  (centering expression levels within each gene afterwards
works too)

Despite a complex design it was thus possible to generate a heatmap
where each of the 8 biological replicated RNAs from 3 different
conditions where represented separately.

hope this helps,

yannick

          yannick . wurm @ unil . ch
Ant Genomics, Ecology & Evolution @ Lausanne