[BioC] duplicate correlation of 4 "within array replicates" limmaGUI

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Oct 10 00:48:31 CEST 2008

Dear Christine,

duplicate correlation in limma is only for replicate spots which are
regularly spaced.  The spacing value is the number of spots between
replicates.  Your value of 21 cannot be correct on an array with
16 columns and 11 rows, and that is what limmaGUI is telling you.

You haven't actually told us how the 4 replicates for each mir are
arranged on the arrays.

If your replicates really are regularly spaced, then limma commands
readGAL() and getLayout(guess=TRUE) will probably tell you what the
spacing is.

Best wishes
Gordon