[BioC] Illumina BeadChips and beadarray

Kellie J Archer/FS/VCU kjarcher at vcu.edu
Thu Sep 4 14:56:45 CEST 2008

   Ina,

   I have use the the beadarray package for processing data from Illumina's
   Methylation Cancer Panel I. The technology for interrogating the CpG sites
   is somewhat different from the HumanMethylation27 array, but still yields
   intensities  from  two  channels.  After  reading  in the data, I used
   createBeadSummaryData to get summaries for both the red and green channel
   and then performed background subtraction and formed the ratios myself. Hope
   that helps.

   Kellie J. Archer, Ph.D.
   Assistant Professor
   Department of Biostatistics & Massey Cancer Center
   Virginia Commonwealth University
   730 East Broad St., 3-022
   Richmond, VA 23298-0032
   phone: (804) 827-2039