[BioC] multtest different seed

Stefano Moretti moretti at dima.unige.it
Thu Sep 18 16:40:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a problem with the multtest package.
Using the following code, for a very simple example, on R version 2.4.0 with multtest version 1.12.0 I didn't get any problem.

library(multtest)
R<- matrix(0, 2, 6)
R[1,]<- c(0,0,0.3,0.2,0,0.16)
R[2,]<- c(0, 0.2, 0,0.2,0.3,0)
classes<- c(1,1,1,2,2,2)
OUTPUT <- MTP(X=R, Y=classes, standardize=FALSE, B=1000)

But now, with the R version 2.7.2 with multtest version 1.21.1 I get the following error message
running bootstrap...
iteration = Error in function (x, w = NULL, samp = Samp)  :
  Only one unique value in bootstrap sample for second group. Cannot calculate variance. This problem may be resolved if you try again with a different seed.

Is there anyone who can help me to understand what I do wrong?

Many thanks for your attention.
Best,
Stefano