[BioC] Converting EnSeMBL Probe names into Gene Name

Hooiveld, Guido Guido.Hooiveld at wur.nl
Fri Sep 19 16:38:54 CEST 2008

Hi Jim (and others),

Since this topic is of interest to me as well, do you have any pointer
how to construct an 'org.Hs.xx.db' library based on ENSEMBL IDs using
the direct mappings from BiomaRt?
In other words; I do know how to map ENSEMBL IDs to gene symbol, name,
GO class etc using biomart, but I would like to 'merge' these separate
files such way to get a new-style annotation db package based on ENSEMBL
IDs (thus avoiding the use of intermediate Entrez IDs). Or is this per
definition an impossible task?

Thanks,
Guido

Guido Hooiveld, PhD