[BioC] outliers in Bead summ data

Matthew Vitalone matthew_vitalone at wmi.usyd.edu.au
Tue Sep 30 09:19:26 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Does anyone have a function that is able to remove outliers from bead
summary data? I am not a bioinformatian or a programmer, and I have no
idea on how to change or alter the function used on Bead image data.

I.e:
par(mfrow=c(2,5))
for(i in 1:10){
  o=findAllOutliers(BLData.bc, array=i)
  plotBeadLocations(BLData.bc, array=i, BeadIDs=o, main=an[i], SAM=TRUE,
pch=".")
}

outliers = NULL
for(i in 1:10) {
  outliers[i] = length(findAllOutliers(BLData.bc, array=i))
}
x11()
par(mai=c(2,1,0.2,0.1))
barplot(outliers/numBeads(BLData.bc)*100, main="Outliers per array",
ylab="%", las=2, names=an)

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Vitalone B.Sc (Hons) PhD(progress)
NHMRC Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Renal Medicine

Phone: (+61-2) 9845 8906
Mobile: 0416 041783
Hosp. Page: 27147
Fax: (+61-2) 9633 9351
Email: matthew_vitalone at wmi.usyd.edu.au

This electronic message and any attachments may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message would you please delete the
message and any attachments and advise the sender. Western Sydney
Area Health Services (WSAHS) uses virus scanning software but excludes
any liability for viruses contained in any email or attachment.

This email may contain privileged and confidential infor...{{dropped:10}}