[BioC] How to get a development version of a package?

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 20 18:21:28 CEST 2009

Hi Daniel,
  The situation right now is a bit different than normal, since we are in those
few days between R's release and bioc's.
   R is now at 2.9, but for bioc that is still essentially devel for bioc (until
the 21st, when it will be release; and even so, we won't be updating annotation
immediately on release so the two will be the same, probably till the end of May
or so). So using biocLite will get that for you. Are you seeing something different?

  In general, we strongly advise against mixing of devel and release for any
packages (and especially for annotation packages).

  best wishes
    Robert

--
Robert Gentleman, PhD