[BioC] Problems with EBImage installation

Gregoire Pau gregoire.pau at embl.de
Sat Apr 25 23:10:44 CEST 2009

Hi Perry,

First, I would suggest you to switch to the latest Bioconductor release
2.4, which contains EBImage 3.0.0 (also available at
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/bioc/html/EBImage.html). EBImage
3.0.0 is a major release which fixes a lot of speed/bug/design issues.

R6034 seems to be a linking related error (C runtime library loaded
without manifest). Could you please tell me what are your versions of
GTK+ and ImageMagick ? It may be related to the new ImageMagick 6.5.1
which uses a different signature for some deprecated functions. This
issue is fixed in EBImage 3.0.0.

EBImage works fine on Windows with gtk+-2.0 2.12.9 and ImageMagick 6.3.7
Q16 and 6.4.2 Q16.

Hope this will help !
Best regards,

Greg