[BioC] Error with EBImage package loading

Gregoire Pau gregoire.pau at embl.de
Thu Aug 6 10:48:14 CEST 2009

Dear Kishor,

 > I have installed GTK+ (C:\opt\gtk) and ImageMagick and have also
 > followed the instruction of EBImage intallation.

As mentioned in the installation guide, did you install the Microsoft C
runtime library patch in case of 'C runtime error exception' ? Did you
set the PATH system environment to point to 'c:\opt\gtk\bin' ? During
ImageMagick installation, did you check the box to install development
headers and libraries ?

Are GTK+ and ImageMagick working ? Did you try the command 'gtk-demo' in
the Windows command line ? What is the result of 'convert' (coming from
ImageMagick) in the command line ?

EBImage works fine on Windows systems. Most of the installation issues
come from the installation of ImageMagick.

Regards,

Greg
---
Gregoire Pau