[BioC] hugene10st.db not available?

Mark Robinson mrobinson at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Aug 10 06:29:26 CEST 2009

Hi all.

I'm trying to install the hugene10st.db package.

I was unsuccessful with the standard approach of:

------------------
> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>     biocLite("hugene10st.db")
Using R version 2.9.1, biocinstall version 2.4.12.
Installing Bioconductor version 2.4 packages:
[1] "hugene10st.db"
Please wait...

Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.9
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package 'hugene10st.db' is not available
>     biocLite("mogene10st.db")
Using R version 2.9.1, biocinstall version 2.4.12.
Installing Bioconductor version 2.4 packages:
[1] "mogene10st.db"
Please wait...

Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.9
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package 'mogene10st.db' is not available
>     biocLite("limma")
Using R version 2.9.1, biocinstall version 2.4.12.
Installing Bioconductor version 2.4 packages:
[1] "limma"
Please wait...

Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.9
trying URL
'http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/bioc/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.9/limma_2.18.2.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1121233 bytes (1.1 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 1.1 Mb

... although you can see that works for other BioC packages, so its not
simply a connection issue.  Correspondingly, the hyperlinks to the various
version of the package do not work for me:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/data/annotation/html/hugene10st.db.html

(The same appears true of the 2.5 links).

Am I doing something silly here?

Cheers,
Mark