[BioC] Examples outdated in "Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor"

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 02:23:03 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Martin Morgan<mtmorgan at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> Peng Yu wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I still run into other problems with the following fixes. Can some
>> more experienced BioC user help update these files and post them on
>> BioC website? All new users will appreciate your help!
>
> To follow the book verbatim, use R version 2.4 and correctly installed
> Bioconductor packages (i.e., appropriate for R 2.4, as provided by
> biocLite()). For a more recent treatment of similar material see
> http://bioconductor.org/pub/biocases/. For the problem below, see ?xtable
> and "An Introduction to R", for instance section 10.9 (hint: invoke as
> xtable(gcMat, ...) but take the time to understand why this works.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the book biocases.

I think that you misunderstood a little about my previous post. What I
meant was that I had known how to fix xtable and the .db files. But
there were still remaining problems that need to be fixed. Since I am
still in the learning stage of R, I don't think that I could fix all
the problems myself. I would appreciate if those R scripts accompany
the book in the subject of the email be fixed. I can then learn all
the examples in those scripts.

Regards,
Peng