[BioC] KEGGSOAP returning blank pages

Chao-Jen Wong cwon2 at fhcrc.org
Sat Aug 22 02:54:50 CEST 2009

Hi, Daniel,

Thank you for pointing the error. We have fixed KEGGSOAP in BioC 2.5.
If you can install R development version 2.10.0, then you will be able
to download the newest version of KEGGSOAP (v1.19.1) which should give
you the graph that you used to get.  Listed below is my sessionInfo().

Regards,
Chao-Jen

> library(KEGGSOAP)

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 Under development (unstable) (2009-06-03 r48708)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale:
[1] C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] KEGGSOAP_1.19.1

[1] RCurl_0.98-1 SSOAP_0.4-6  XML_2.5-0

Marc Carlson wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I have been exploring this and the problem does appear to be on the
> server side.  Our code has not changed and worked fine until recently.
> It is not clear whether their server has indigestion or if they have
> changed something.  But if their API has changed for some reason, I have
> not been able to find a corresponding change in their documentation to
> indicate this, so I actually suspect that their server is just
> misbehaving.  I have written to them to let them know that something is
> amiss.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
>
>   Marc
>

> Daniel Brewer wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I had KEGGSOAP working well a few months ago, but now when I try to do
>> anything the returned URL is just a blank page.  For example:
>>
>> library(KEGGSOAP)
>> mark.pathway.by.objects("path:hsa04110",c("hsa:595","hsa:7157"))
>> [1] "http://soap.genome.jp/tmp/mark_pathway_www2_api23284/hsa04110.gif"
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong is this a problem at KEGG's servers?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dan

Chao-Jen Wong
Program in Computational Biology