[BioC] Affymetrix HT HG-U133+ PM Array Plate annotation data

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Dec 18 21:12:39 CET 2009

Marc Carlson wrote:
> Hi Giacomo,
>
> We don't presently have an annotation package for that platform.  But
> fortunately, we have a solution for you.  You can use the SQLForge code
> in the AnnotationDbi package to just generate a package from an the Affy
> probe to gene mapping files (which you can get from their website).
> There is a vignette explaining how to do this here:
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.6/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html
>
> Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Actually we _do_ have an annotation package for that chip. It's the
hgu133plus2.db package.

The only difference between the two chips is the fact that they dropped
the MM probes, and reduced the number of PM probes in some of the
probesets.

Oh yeah, and they added a _PM_ to the probeset ID, so there will be some
name mangling required to use the hgu133plus2.db package.

Best,

Jim

>   Marc
>

> giacomo.tuana at unimib.it wrote:
>>    Dear list,
>>    I found only cdf and probe packages for Affymetrix HT HG-U133+ PM Array
>>    Plate but there isn't the annotation data package (hthgu133pluspm.db) in
>>    Bioc 2.5 and in developing Bioc 2.6. It could be released soon?
>>    Thanks!
>>    Giacomo Tuana
>>    --
>>    Dr. Giacomo Tuana Franguel
>>    Genopolis Consortium
>>    University of Milano-Bicocca
>>    Dept. of Biotechnology and Bioscience/ U4
>>    Piazza della Scienza 4 20126 Milano, Italy
>>    http://www.genopolis.it

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician
Douglas Lab