[BioC] Probeid to GOTerms... from AnnotationDBI?

Saurin D. Jani saurin_jani at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 21 23:05:48 CET 2009

Hi BioC,

is there anyway, I can query AnnotationDBI to pull out All KEGG Pathway names and All GO Terms associated with a ProbeID similarly what I am doing for GENENAME or SYM...!! ?

I can pull all GeneNames from ProbeID:

For Illumina Arrays:

myGeneNames <- lookUp(nu_IDs, chiptype, 'SYMBOL');
myGeneNames <- lookUp(nu_IDs, chiptype, 'GENENAME');

For Affymetrix or Agilnat arrays:

myGeneNames <- lookUp(Probeids, chiptype, 'SYMBOL');
myGeneNames <- lookUp(Probeids, chiptype, 'GENENAME')

Then I do Column Bind...for all my probeds to GeneNames....

My_Annotation_Matrix <- cbind(Probeids,myGeneSymbos,myGeneNames);

Now, I would like to put KEGG pathway names and GO Terms...!!

For Affymetrix arrays: aaf.handler does the JOB but..it outputs aaf table and ..how to convert them to Matrix..or data.frame....does any one know?

Thank you so much in advance,
Saurin