[BioC] ragene10st

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 26 01:36:28 CET 2009

Well one way is to navigate Affymetrix's website and grab the annotation
file

http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/annotationfilesmain.affx

Or you could also use Martin Morgans clever AffyCompatible package which
will let you get the data you need more directly.

##The 2nd approach would go something like this (adapting from Martins
Vignette):
library(AffyCompatible)
password <- "your_psswd"
rsrc <- NetAffxResource(user="you at someplace.com", password=password)
head(names(rsrc))
affxDescription(rsrc[["RaGene-1_0-st-v1"]])
annos <- rsrc[["RaGene-1_0-st-v1"]]
annos
sapply(affxAnnotation(annos), force)
anno <- rsrc[["RaGene-1_0-st-v1", "Probeset Annotations, CSV Format"]]
fl <- readAnnotation(rsrc, annotation=anno, content=FALSE)
fl
conn <- unz(fl, "RaGene-1_0-st-v1.na27.2.rn4.probeset.csv")
##Then get a dataframe with the contents of the file in it
df = read.table(conn, header=TRUE, skip=18, sep=",")

  Marc