[BioC] CellHTS Replicates Missing

Florian Hahne fhahne at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 21 18:38:14 CEST 2009

Hi Becky,
missing replicates should still work, so this is definitely a bug. Could
you send me all the files needed to reproduce the problem, and also all
the code. I will fix this asap and will let you know once the new
version is available.
Florian

Becky Saunders wrote:
> Hello there,
>

> Sorry if this question has already been answered.
>

> I have been using CellHTS2 for a while now but have recently upgraded to
> R version 2.9.1 and CellHTS2 version 2.8.1.
>

> Using my previous version I could miss replicates from the plate list
> file without generating an error - for example :
>

> Filename             Plate      Replicate
>
> plate_1_1.txt     1              1
>
> plate_1_2.txt     1              2
>
> plate_1_3.txt     1              3
>
> plate_2_1.txt     2              1
>
> plate_2_2.txt     2              2
>
> plate_2_3.txt     2              3
>
> plate_3_2.txt     3              2
>
> plate_3_3.txt     3              3
>

> Where plate 3, replicate 1 is missing. However, with my current version
> this generates the following error:
>

> Error in data.frame(title = title, shortTitle = title, thumbnail = img,
> :  arguments imply differing number of rows: 3, 2 .
>

> I have tried it also when missing replicate 2 and replicate 3 and I
> still get the error.
>

> Can I still analyse plates with a different number of replicates?
>

> All the plate data seems to be fine and when I include all 3 replicates
> I do not get any errors.
>

> Many Thanks,
>

> Becky Saunders
>

> --
>
> Dr Rebecca Saunders
>
> High Throughput Screening Laboratory - Cancer Research UK
>
> Tel No. +44 (0)207 269 3159
>
> Fax No. +44 (0)207 269 3581
>

> This communication is from Cancer Research UK. Our website is at www.cancerresearchuk.org. We are a charity registered under number 1089464 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales under number 4325234. Our registered address is 61 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX. Our central telephone number is 020 7242 0200.
>
> This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete the email and destroy any copies of it.
>
> E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Florian Hahne, PhD
Computational Biology Program
Division of Public Health Sciences