[BioC] Agilent and Limma

Tobias Straub tstraub at med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Jul 22 09:15:36 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

I am probably in a similar situation. I have just been convinced by an
agilent rep to test their platform. So far we used Affy arrays. Now, I
am absolutely willing to share experiences. However, I guess that
these also depend a bit on on the detail of applications and organisms.

I am trying to do dual-color analysis comparing treated vs. untreated
cells on 4x44 and we have Drosophila arrays. GeneSpring for whatever
reason refuses to do proper analysis on dual color as far as i can
see. So R/Bioconductor and manual processings seems to be the only way.

As Agi4x44PreProcess does not appreciate dual-color approaches, I did
not test this package and don't know its status.

About absent/present calls: a simple solution would be to read the
gIsPosAndSignif and/or rIsPosAndSignif column from your output files.

for the rest, my analysis is mainly based on limma. I do loess
normalization within arrays and Aquantile between. A big question for
me is how to treat multiple probes mapping to a single gene in case I
want to summarize expression per gene. This appears not to be straight
forward and is even more complicated in dual color approach.

best,
Tobias