[BioC] R scripts from AffylmGUI

Keith Satterley keith at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Jul 23 02:17:00 CEST 2009

Hi Marcos,

not sure what you mean by getting the R scripts. By typing sessionInfo() in the
R window after loading affylmGUI you can see that it also uses packages affyio,
affy, Biobase and limma, among others.

You can view the R code of any function by for example:
search()  - this gives the position of packages in the search path.
ls(pos=7) - this will list functions from the seventh package in the searchpath
,limma in this case.
To see the R code for a function, type the name of the function (without
brackets). For example:
lmFit - this will show you the R code for the lmFit function.

The functions in the affylmGUI package are mainly to do with providing a
Graphical User Interface to use functions from the other packages.

Examining code this way can get very complicated and beyond a beginner. You may
benefit more from reading the limma users guide:

library(limma)
limmaUsersGuide()

or

?limma

This shows the help package for limma functions. Similarly for other packages.

cheers,

Keith

Keith Satterley
affylmGUI maintainer.
Bioinformatics Division
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
Parkville, Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia