[BioC] Beta score of DNA methylation assays

Adaikalavan Ramasamy a.ramasamy at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 1 18:04:00 CEST 2009

Sonia Shah, thanks for the link. The Beta score is calculated as you
said with the addition that any negative values of Cy3 and Cy5 are set
to zero.

Sean Davis, thanks for pointing out to the methylumi package. It looks
like a nice package. I am slightly concerned that you are analyzing the
Beta scores without any data transformation (though I like how you
illustrated it using the limma package). The Beta values appear to be
highly bimodal and the model near zero seems to be more pronounced.
Having said that, I also seen others using t-test to analyze the data
too so I think data tranformation may be a more general problem. Or
maybe I am worrying too much.

Saroj Mohaptra, thanks for pointing out to Houseman et al. I don't fully
understand this method yet but will look further into it. Thanks.

Thank you all.

Regards, Adai