[BioC] Error in masks for Dmelanogaster BSGenome

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Jun 3 20:34:24 CEST 2009

Hi David and users of the BSgenome data packages,

I've pushed a new roster of BSgenome data packages (v 1.3.13) to the
current BioC release (2.4). This fixes the mask problem that David
reported here. As usual, please update with (from R-2.9.0):

   source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
   update.packages(rep=biocinstallRepos())

Only the source packages of this new roster are available for now.
The binaries for Windows and Mac will follow soon. In the meantime
the binaries for the old roster (< 1.3.13) are still available.

Also I've added hg19 (released in Feb. 2009) to this new roster:

   > library(BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19)
   > Hsapiens
   Human genome

   | organism: Homo sapiens (Human)
   | provider: UCSC
   | provider version: hg19
   | release date: Feb. 2009
   | release name: Genome Reference Consortium GRCh37

Note that BioC devel is still using the old roster and will be updated
at some point too.

Please let me know if you find any issue.

Cheers,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès