[BioC] discrepancy between BeadStudio images and beadarray imageplot

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:28:20 CET 2009

Hi Luis,

The white streaks you see on the imageplots are because of missing
data on the array. This occurs when the Illumina scanner is unable to
decode the identity of beads on the array. Information about these
undecoded beads is not reported in the output that comes out from the
scanner and therefore we cannot use them in any analysis, including
BASH.

The white streaks would not show up in the BeadStudio images or the
TIFF images generated by the scanner as these are just the raw pixel
intensities and do not take bead identity into account.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Mark