[BioC] Illumina: how to deal with locs, idat and tif files

Jean-Baptiste Poullet jeanbaptistepoullet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:31:45 CET 2009

Dear all,

I would like to use the package "beadarray" on Illumina data. From
Beadscan, I get files of the following formats: tif, locs, xml, one text
file (Metrics.txt) and one sdf file. I managed to use Genomestudio and
its genotyping module adding the bpm, csv and egt files (found on the
illumina website, via ftp).  Reading some tutorial on "beadarray" I
noticed that 1 csv file per tif was required which I don't have.
Moreover, the csv file I have does not show the same format as the one
mentioned in this tutorial: the columns labels are
IlmnID
Name
IlmnStrand
SNP
AddressA_ID
AlleleA_ProbeSeq
AddressB_ID
AlleleB_ProbeSeq
GenomeBuild
Chr
MapInfo
Ploidy
Species
Source
SourceVersion
SourceStrand
SourceSeq
TopGenomicSeq
BeadSetId
CNV_Probe
Intensity_Only
Exp_Clusters

 instead of

Index, Code, Gm, Red, x,y.

It also seems that targets.txt  is needed which I don't have either.

Do you have any clue how to deal with these data given I don't have any
of these txt or csv files?

Thank you in advance.

Jean-Baptiste