[BioC] handling multiple gal files in limma

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Mar 18 23:14:27 CET 2009

Dear Mark,

The short answer is that limma always assumes a common gal file for all
arrays, so there are no automatic ways to handle two or more gal files.

It is sometimes necessary to handle multiple gal files, when the basic
library of probes remains the same, but this requires special programming,
and should be considered only when you really know what you're doing.
For general gal files, trying to combine just doesn't make sense.

Best wishes
Gordon