[BioC] Place summary stats in names in flowViz xyplot

Aric Gregson a.gregson at ucla.edu
Thu Mar 19 03:36:06 CET 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to get the summary stats, such as the percent positive
events, to be drawn onto the xyplot in place of the gate name. I can
get this to work fine with the following code for a single file, but I
am having trouble getting the results for the entire flowSet to be
printed.

xyplot(`APC.H7.A` ~ `Pacific.Blue.A`,
	Data(wf[["agate"]]),
       filter=afilter,
       smooth=F,
       alpha=0.5,
       pch=21,
       cex=0.4,
 ->    subset = Filename == 327,
       scales=list(tick.number=10),
       outline=TRUE,
 ->    names = format(summary(wf[["anothergate"]])$percent
		[[4]], digits =3),
       par.settings=list(gate=list(col="purple", alpha=.3),
         gate.text=list(col="black", alpha=0.7, cex=0.6)))

Removing subset and attempting to get all of the stats placed causes
only the first value of the flowSet summary result to be placed in all
plots. For example,

> summary(wf[["anothergate"]])$percent
[1] 28.940568  5.272565  8.464079 46.257443 28.265877

When plotted only 28.9 is placed in all plots. I have tried many
variations, including trying to make it a factor and plotting the
levels, but then of course it only plots the first ordered level in all
plots.

Thanks, Aric