[BioC] ArrayExpress error attaching phenodata

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:46:56 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm running the following command to download an ArrayExpress dataset:

"rawMrnaSet <- ArrayExpress("E-UCON-1", rawcol = list(R="Feature
Extraction Software:rMeanSignal", G="Feature Extraction
Software:gMeanSignal", Rb="Feature Extraction Software:rBGMeanSignal",
Gb="Feature Extraction Software:gBGMeanSignal" ))"

The data downloads and builds the object but I get the following errir
at the end:

"Cannot attach phenoData to the object as the Array Data File column
of the sdrf file contains duplicated elements."

The sdrf file is located here:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/microarray-as/ae/files/E-UCON-1/E-UCON-1.sdrf.txt

I'm wondering what exactly is wrong with the file and how I can fix
this? Also note that the sdrf file has 614 rows but there is only 307
samples, I wonder if this is normal for two-channel data like this and
if ArrayExpress "knows" what to do with it?

Paul

--
Paul Geeleher
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics