[BioC] how to unlock a package environment

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 1 21:38:30 CEST 2009

Hi Ariel,

One solution is that you use the development version of Bioconductor
(BioC 2.5, to be released soon, based on the R-2.10 series).

In the development version of genefilter it looks like the nsFilter()
function has been improved in order to deal properly with the
peculiarity of the ath1121501.db package. Internally it's now
calling a little helper function .findCentralID() (not exported)
in order to determine what's the central ID in the annotation
package:

   library(genefilter)
   library(hgu95av2.db)
   library(ath1121501.db)
   > genefilter:::.findCentralID("hgu95av2")
   [1] "ENTREZID"
   > genefilter:::.findCentralID("ath1121501")
   [1] "ACCNUM"

Cheers,
H.

--