[BioC] getting normexp (and log2 transformed) values - not further-processed M values

adoty at umd.edu adoty at umd.edu
Thu Oct 8 04:14:08 CEST 2009

Dear Dr. Smyth,

Thanks so much for your quick and helpful reply.  Yes, I think you are right to say "just use R!"  I never had before I began to analyze my RIP-CHiP data set (hence the non-standard use of limmaGUI) - but I have indeed thoroughly read the limma user's manual (and I also tried general R help documentation and the limma "user manual" to investigate R more...)

Anyway, your help allowed me to solve a similar "output" problem in another R package (eCADS).  I also see that by using the "exprs.MA(MA)" statement, I can recover normalized, log2 transformed individual values for both the red and green channels for all my arrays.

Thank you very much again for your help.

Sincerely,
Alana