[BioC] pd.hg18.60mer.expr_1.1.1 and Nimblegen data for oligo package in R

Adeline Simon adeline.simon at versailles.inra.fr
Thu Oct 8 16:34:31 CEST 2009

Dear Benilton,

I'm pleased that you answered, you will probably have a solution...

As I wrote, the problem is the same than Jean-Yves Sgro posted, that's
why I didn't detailed.
But, you are right, it's better to detail.

I manage several projects that contain data sent by Nimblegen (one-color
expression). For each of these projects,  Nimblegen provided pair and
calls files (raw and normalized) and design files: ndf and ngd, and some
documentation, but they have never sent xys file in the CD.  I think we
can get them on request ; indeed, as you mentionned, these files are
documented, but I confirm that Nimblegen do not routinely send them.

Nevertheless, I downloaded examples of XYS files from web (Rafael
Irizzary web page : http://rafalab.jhsph.edu/software.html) : human
samples (296MB), and tried to create a FeatureSet object.

I placed the xys files in the current directory and performed :
 > libray(oligo)
 > xysobj = read.xysfiles(list.xysfiles())
Erreur dans read.xysfiles(list.xysfiles()) :
  Must install the pd.feinberg.mm8.me.hx1 package.
De plus : Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE,
logical.return = TRUE,  :
  there is no package called 'pd.feinberg.mm8.me.hx1'

feinberg.mm8.me.hx1 is the design name

I also tried with my data I formated to create xys files, and the
message was the same (replacing feinberg.mm8.me.hx1by my design name)

In the documentation, only xys files are mandatory to use the function.
The xys files I use seem to be well formated : (see below the first 5
lines of a xys file from Rafael Irizarry) :

# software=NimbleScan    version=2.4.29
imagefile=/nfs/oldimages/Not_in_NOSS/2008/07_july/04_Hopkins/NG096_20080731/273592_635.tif
designfile=/nfs/bioinfo/designs/Feinberg_MM8_Me_HX1.ndf
designname=Feinberg_MM8_Me_HX1    designid=6356    date=Fri Aug 01
08:13:59 GMT 2008    border=0    ul_x=156.682    ul_y=89.519
ur_x=3018.304    ur_y=72.633    lr_x=3038.485    lr_y=3890.945
ll_x=176.468    ll_y=3907.360    score=0.241    qcscore=0.211
locallyaligned=no    correctAstig=no    Knots=    auto=no
X    Y    SIGNAL    COUNT
1    1    246.89    1
23    1    11997.00    1
25    1    230.00    1