[BioC] pd.hg18.60mer.expr_1.1.1 and Nimblegen data for oligo package in R

Benilton Carvalho bcarvalh at jhsph.edu
Thu Oct 8 17:39:41 CEST 2009

Adeline,

it was just brought to my attention that I forgot to mention that the
very last step (installation of the annotation package you just
created) can be done from within R.

If you use:

install.packages(PKGNAME, repos=NULL)

the package will be installed without needing to use "R CMD build" and
"R CMD INSTALL".

Apologies for missing that,

On Oct 8, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Benilton Carvalho wrote:

> [...]
>
> Please let me know how this works for you,
>
> With best wishes,

> On Oct 8, 2009, at 11:34 AM, Adeline Simon wrote:
>
>> Dear Benilton,
>>
>> I'm pleased that you answered, you will probably have a solution...
>>
>> As I wrote, the problem is the same than Jean-Yves Sgro posted,
>> that's
>> why I didn't detailed.
>> But, you are right, it's better to detail.
>>
>> I manage several projects that contain data sent by Nimblegen (one-
>> color
>> expression). For each of these projects,  Nimblegen provided pair and
>> calls files (raw and normalized) and design files: ndf and ngd, and
>> some
>> documentation, but they have never sent xys file in the CD.  I think
>> we
>> can get them on request ; indeed, as you mentionned, these files are
>> documented, but I confirm that Nimblegen do not routinely send them.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I downloaded examples of XYS files from web (Rafael
>> Irizzary web page : http://rafalab.jhsph.edu/software.html) : human
>> samples (296MB), and tried to create a FeatureSet object.
>>
>> I placed the xys files in the current directory and performed :
>>> libray(oligo)
>>> xysobj = read.xysfiles(list.xysfiles())
>> Erreur dans read.xysfiles(list.xysfiles()) :
>> Must install the pd.feinberg.mm8.me.hx1 package.
>> De plus : Warning message:
>> In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE,
>> logical.return = TRUE,  :
>> there is no package called 'pd.feinberg.mm8.me.hx1'
>>

>> feinberg.mm8.me.hx1 is the design name
>>
>> I also tried with my data I formated to create xys files, and the
>> message was the same (replacing feinberg.mm8.me.hx1by my design name)
>>
>> In the documentation, only xys files are mandatory to use the
>> function.
>> The xys files I use seem to be well formated : (see below the first 5
>> lines of a xys file from Rafael Irizarry) :
>>
>> # software=NimbleScan    version=2.4.29
>> imagefile=/nfs/oldimages/Not_in_NOSS/2008/07_july/04_Hopkins/
>> NG096_20080731/273592_635.tif
>> designfile=/nfs/bioinfo/designs/Feinberg_MM8_Me_HX1.ndf
>> designname=Feinberg_MM8_Me_HX1    designid=6356    date=Fri Aug 01
>> 08:13:59 GMT 2008    border=0    ul_x=156.682    ul_y=89.519
>> ur_x=3018.304    ur_y=72.633    lr_x=3038.485    lr_y=3890.945
>> ll_x=176.468    ll_y=3907.360    score=0.241    qcscore=0.211
>> locallyaligned=no    correctAstig=no    Knots=    auto=no
>> X    Y    SIGNAL    COUNT
>> 1    1    246.89    1
>> 23    1    11997.00    1
>> 25    1    230.00    1
>>

>> I hope you will see a solution,
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Adeline
>>

>> Carvalho, Benilton a écrit :
>>> Dear Adeline,
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate if you could provide detailed information about what
>>> the problemis (or the link to the report you refer to) along with
>>> sessionInfo(). Regarding the XYS files, these are produced by
>>> NimbleScan (AFAIK) and are well described in NimbleGen