[BioC] Ringo - finding enriched regions

Joern Toedling Joern.Toedling at curie.fr
Wed Oct 21 10:10:37 CEST 2009

Dear Hans-Ulrich,

in that case, I am afraid I cannot immediately tell you what the source of the
problem is. You are right, the smoothed probe intensities of these probes
should all be greater than y0. And in my analyses, I have never observed
something else.
How do the ChIP-enriched region look like when you plot them?
(for example via
plot(chers[[1]], eSetS, probeAnno)
). If these plots indicate correct results than at least the positions of your
enriched regions seem to be correct and the problem is with assigning the
probe identifiers to the enriched regions.
There might be an issue with your probeAnno object and the way you generate it.
What is the result of
probeAnno["1.index"][probeAnno["1.start"]>=10001787 &
probeAnno["1.start"]<=0002329]
? These probe identifiers should include the ones in the first enriched region.
I would suggest to use different probe names than "as.character" of the row
numbers. Due to R's implicit conversion between vector formats, such names
could lead to all sorts of hard-to-debug problems.
If you provide me with a short excerpt of your data and the example script, I
could have a deeper look into it to see where the problem might be.

Best regards,
Joern

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:10:20 +0200, Hans-Ulrich Klein wrote

---
Joern Toedling
Institut Curie -- U900
26 rue d'Ulm, 75005 Paris, FRANCE