[BioC] Using Limma for proteomics (2D DIGE) datasets

Tobias Straub tstraub at med.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Oct 21 12:33:58 CEST 2009

hi tom,

you can easily call limma without having to construct complex objects
such as MAList or alike
have a look at ?lmFit

if you are able to construct a matrix of either cy3/cy5 ratios or
simply the individual channels you are on the right way. if you set
the rownames of your matrix to your protein names you will even get
back a meaningful output from topTable.

another alternative would be to use a wrapper around lmFit such as
provided in the 'st' package. advantage here is that you can easily
switch to other t statistics such as studentt, efront, sam etc.

why you think that moderated t is 'better' than student t. any
evidences?

best
T.