[BioC] Very low P-values in limma

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Wed Oct 21 20:09:57 CEST 2009

Dear Paul

can you provide a more specific description of what you did than
"analyzing ... data using limma"? The posting guide makes good suggestions.

There is a possibility that this is related to the eBayes procedure
(which makes an assumption on the distribution of the within-group
variances across the experiment). What is the value of the element
"df.prior" of the object returned by eBayes?

--

Best wishes
      Wolfgang