[BioC] Gene ID of yeast in GOSemSim and other GO related package may need update

Gang Chen chen.gang1983 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:17:48 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I met a problem when I try to use GOSemSim and GOSim to calculate the
GO semantic similarities between yeast proteins. Both of the two
packages work well on other organisms.

I use biomaRt package to map the Swiss Acc name to NCBI gene ID.
Unfortunately, when I use GOSemSim and GOSim package to calculate the
semantic similarity between genes, both of the two packages told me
that none of these genes has GO annotation. I check this manually and
found that nearly all yeast genes in NCBI database have been updated
at 6th, September. Therefore, I think related annotation packages in
Bioconductor need update to solve this problem.

I wonder if there is any other way to solve this problem? Any comments
or advice are welcome.

Thanks the developers of these packages.

Gang Chen
--
Gang Chen
Computer Science Ph.D Candidate