[BioC] scan date information

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Mon Sep 21 18:15:57 CEST 2009

Robert,
The answer depends on which version of R and BioC are you using. If you
are using R <= 2.9, BioC <= 2.4, you will need to devise your own
method; one of which was given by Saroj. If you are using R-devel and
BioC 2.5 (devel), the eSet abstract class and its derived classes such
as ExpressionSet contain a new slot called protocolData that contains an
AnnotatedDataFrame object. This slot is to be populated by metadata
contained in microarray data files. In BioC 2.5 (devel) the
read.affybatch from affy and read.celfile from affyio add a ScanData
column to the protocolData slot with the metadata you are looking for.

Cheers,
Patrick