[BioC] microarray analysis in R without replicates

Thomas Hampton Thomas.H.Hampton at Dartmouth.edu
Tue Sep 22 21:49:47 CEST 2009

Rainer,

I think your experiment could yield many insights. Arrays are mostly
about
hypothesis generation, not hypothesis testing anyway.

Clustering your samples should tell you which conditions may be
most similar. That should be interesting.

For any pair of comparisons, you are certainly entitled to observe fold
change differences of various genes, and you can take the most
highly regulated genes and see whether they belong to paths.

Just do some inexpensive low throughput experiments to validate anything
that your array analysis uncovers.

My two cents.

Tom